Re: [Nmh-workers] Braindump: Extended MH Format

2004-12-13 07:45:46
From:  Chad Walstrom <chewie(_at_)wookimus(_dot_)net>
Date:  Thu, 9 Dec 2004 22:38:05 -0600

    If the only compelling reason to switch to Maildir from MH is the
    file locking semantics, why not fix MH?

For me there's another compelling reason and that's the ability to use MH
directly on a mail server which is primarily an imap host where the native
mail storage format is Maildir.  Right now, my own mail store looks very
different
than any of my users because I use MH and they use Maildir.  If I could move
my mail to Maildir then I could use the web interface or a PC mail client to
read my mail when I can't get to a command line or exmh.

Of course, I don't think anybody's completely thought through how to do
sequences in a Maildir yet, and those are important to me.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                         Trinsic Solutions
President                               1611-B West 6th Street

512-322-0180                            http://www.trinsics.com

                 Would you rather proactively pay for
                uptime or reactively pay for downtime?

                          Trinsic Solutions