Re: [Nmh-workers] Braindump: Extended MH Format

2004-12-30 09:54:10
I think I found what you were referring to via Google, searching for
"mdmh.html".  You'd probably get a better hit on "Maildir MH mdmh.html".
The site is not accessible for some reason, but it is cached on Google.
Since the URL is over 110 chars long, here's the tiny URL.

http://tinyurl.com/4buvl

In any case, I think abstracting out the mail storage and retrieval
methods might allow us to use NMH on more than one format.  Even this
would be a big change, but it would be a great step forward.  Frankly,
I'ld be interested to learn why Len Budney <lbudney(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
decided
to start anew rather than contribute to an existing project: NMH or GNU
Mailutils.  Ahh..  This might be a hint:

    Download the Prototype

    Okay, "prototype" is a real misnomer. However, just to get the ball
    rolling, I've produced some perl scripts. Anyone who wants to add to
    them, send a patch, or write some C code...hint, hint...

So, it looks like he's written a bunch of Perl code. ;-)

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie(_at_)wookimus(_dot_)net>
http://www.wookimus.net/