Re: [Nmh-workers] Questionable code - the bigger picture

2005-05-14 18:50:28
Norman Shapiro <norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org> wrote:

Jon Steinhart <jon(_at_)fourwinds(_dot_)com> writes:
 of changes are worthwhile.  Can we agree on some way to work this?

Oh, just for discussion, here's another change that I'd like to make.  I need
to make some changes in the way the context/profile stuff is handled.
Without
going into a lot of detail here, I'm adding a -nochangecontext option to many
of the programs so that you can, for example, show +newfolder without
changing
the current folder.

I accomplish a similar functionality with an sh function for use in scripts:

newmh ()
{
    local oldContext="${MHCONTEXT-context}";
    local path=`mhpath +`;
    export MHCONTEXT=,"$oldContext.$$";
    cp "$path/$oldContext" "$path/$MHCONTEXT"
}

Even easier is:

     export MH_CONTEXT=/dev/null

This will not work with the default dot-locking authentication because
of a bug (it tries to create /dev/null.lck or something like that), but
if you turn on real locking it works fine.

Thanks.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey C. Honig <jch(_at_)honig(_dot_)net>
http://www.honig.net/jch