Re: [Nmh-workers] Questionable code - the bigger picture

2005-05-18 15:57:14
Jon Steinhart <jon(_at_)fourwinds(_dot_)com> wrote:
      3.  Improve the reading end of mime mail.  I've brought this issue up
          before and have ideas on how to do this.

Such as?  (e.g. I'm sure I could work out how to make 'scan' show real
text instead of: "=?ISO-2202-JP?Q?=82l=82 ..." in subject lines if I
RTFM'd, but shouldn't it be a default?)

So what else needs doing?  Let's put together a plan to do it.

Probably my biggest mh challenge at present is finding messages, i.e.
did I file that in this folder or that one?  This is probably the most
likely thing to move me from mh to something like Thunderbird (with
inbuilt search).  I currently grep -R to find such messages, I have
played with glimpse in the past, I suspect mh's annotate function would
help with this (and with David Allen's GTD organising) but I haven't
found a solution that is both easy and quick yet.

re,