Re: [Nmh-workers] A question for the nmh historians

2005-05-18 10:23:02
Jon Steinhart <jon(_at_)fourwinds(_dot_)com> wrote on May 17, 2005:

How useful is the notion of public and private sequences?  Just curious.

It is very useful if you share a folder between several accounts.

It doesn't fully work at present.  Only the account that owns the
particular folder is allowed to update the public sequences, even
though group permissions should allow the other account to update.

I can put up with it being buggy.  But please don't remove this.

I guess that there are really two questions here: the earlier one and is
this is a bug?  Would it make sense to force sequences to be private if
MHCONTEXT is set?

exmh sets MHCONTEXT.  I still want to use public sequences when
running exmh.

 -NWR