Re: [Nmh-workers] Questionable code in m_chkids() in sbr/context_save.c

2005-05-18 10:44:52
(AFAIK sendmail and friends always run stuff under the user's real and
effective uid, so I don't think slocal should ever be setuid).

If you run "slocal" from ".forward", then it runs as the recipient
(the person using ".forward").  But there are advantages to running
slocal as a mailer defined in sendmail.cf

Do people even _do_ that?  I've written sendmail mailers myself, but
I can't really see any advantage for doing this here.

We must also remember that there are other MTAs than sendmail.

Hence the reason I said, "sendmail and friends".