[Nmh-workers] Re: Questionable code - the bigger picture

2005-05-20 09:19:26
Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu writes:

We've mh-e people stand up, and Chris and myself can probably handle any
breakage in exmh

Excellent.

- but there's one caveat: If you make a change that modifies the
line-mode flags (or default values for same) please speak up so us
maintainers of layered stuff know something happened. It's really
easy to deal with a mail that says "I just commited a change that
adds a new flag -foobar to 'inc' - please test". It's a lot harder
to troubleshoot 3 weeks later. ;)

Agreed.

Is it possible to gate CVS commit messages to this list, or start an
nmh-commits list for same? Then if people use sane messages in their
'cvs commit', all the rest is easy once it's set up. ;)

I can't speak for the other MH-E developers, but I'm unlikely to
follow nmh-commits since the majority of the changes will probably be
non-user-visible changes. User-visible changes that would affect us
should still be posted to nmh-workers.

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG
ID:610BD9AD