Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: 1.1RC4: can't rebuild dtimep.c with modern flex

2005-11-01 10:18:36
On 26 Oct, pmaydell@chiark.greenend.org.uk wrote:

Has Nick entered the rest of the Debian bugs at Savannah?

Doesn't look like it.

It'd be more useful to actually get them applied to CVS. Savannah makes
more sense for bugs where there is no patch yet or for patches that need
more work.

It would seem sensible to me to make sure that the next upstream
release includes all the patches currently applied to make the
Debian package. I found that of the 10 patches Debian currently
has 5 are already in 1.1RC4, and I think a few others may be
Debian-specific, so there aren't many of those.

I applied a few earlier this year but there's been a new Debian package
since. Here's a current rundown:

2, 4, 6, 7: already fixed in CVS (6 is the vfork issue)
1 (194349) & 3 (261089): man page sections: distribution specific
5 (238456) : probably should apply. is the duplicate install-mh needed?
8 (320090) : Makefile fix for flex, should apply
9 (320069) : KPOP fixes, probably should apply
10 (289506): libdb, probably Debian specific

I've been reluctant to apply anything recently with the release
candidate out. Should I apply any more stuff now or wait till after the
release?

I also think we should fix a problem where mhshow can segfault
on bogus MIME messages:

The patch looks fine to me. You wrote it, right? Why not post it to the
list and then if nobody objects, commit it to CVS yourself? Jon or Ken
can give you CVS access.

Removing the autogenerated dtimep.c would seem sensible to me. Does
renaming configure.in to configure.ac work as a quick fix to the
configure bug that you mentioned?

Oliver