[Nmh-workers] mhpath (was: 1.1RC4 stuff)

2005-11-02 09:50:38
Jon Steinhart <jon@fourwinds.com> writes:

BTW, I'm gonna make a small change; I need a -HONEST option to
mhpath.  mhpath has the annoying characteristic that it lies
if there is no current folder.  This is screwing up an application
that uses mhpath to find the current folder.  This is a simple
fix that shouldn't cause any problems.

Think twice about this. If there isn't a current folder, it returns
+inbox like every other MH application as documented in mh-profile
(Current-Folder).

Since any other behavior would be non-expected, the option really
should be -lie.

Perhaps the application you refer to needs the fix instead.

p.s. I assume that you weren't serious about an uppercase option.
Also, something like -honest isn't very descriptive. Something more
like -err-no-current would be better.