Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh-1.1-RC4 post /tmp/,LCK.* problem

2005-11-15 04:32:20
"Jeffrey C Honig" wrote:
pmaydell@chiark.greenend.org.uk wrote:
We could allow MHCONTEXT=/dev/null with the following trivial patch.

I believe that this is a fix for a symptom, not a problem.

If you have a mail directory (either under ~Mail, or an external
directory) on read-only storage, dot locking will fail.  Things like
this are assumed to be part of the flexibility of nmh and should
continue to work.

But did that ever work in the first place? The thing that has changed
is (I believe) not the mechanics of the locking mechanism but that
we now lock the context file (previously there was no locking of it
at all).

-- PMM