Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow: invalid QUOTED-PRINTABLE encoding

2005-12-18 13:02:22
Thus spake Josh Bressers:
I'm having a problem with mhshow which Google seems to know nothing about;
maybe somebody here could shed some light on it?

I have a message which, when I try to show it, I get the following output:

[uckelman@charybdis ~]$ show
(Message inbox:180)
mhshow: invalid QUOTED-PRINTABLE encoding -- expecting hexidecimal-digit,
        but got char 0x6c
        (content text/plain in message 180)

I don't see anything seriously weird about he message itself, and it looks
like mhshow is complaining about an 'l' (0x6c). Any ideas as to what might
be the cause?

Would it be possible for you to construct a message that will reproduce
this error and send it to the list?  Please encode the message in a format
that we can read, as it's likely this could affect all of us as well :)

Thanks.

I see what's causing the problem now, sort of. This URL appears in a footer
appended by SourceForge:

The message has in it's header

which results in the '=cl' in the appended footer being interpreted as a
quoted-printable character code. The tiny attached example message is
sufficient to reproduce the behavior I saw.

It seems to me that SF is at fault here, for just slapping on a footer, but
I'm not sure how to proceed now.