[Nmh-workers] Re: mmap (was: What is MH ?)

2006-01-10 00:50:24
(Any opinions on using mmap?  Would make all of the header
processing much simpler to just mmap the first few k of each message
and then run pointers through it.)

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see any advantage to using
mmap(). As you say yourself, it's only a few k, so you might as well read()
it in to memory and be done with it. You can even use static storage
for the buffer if it's the time for allocation you're worried about.

Using mmap() might cause portability problems.

Cheers,

        - Joel