Re: [Nmh-workers] suppress Content-ID's with new mhbuild option?

2006-01-31 02:27:53
David Levine wrote:

The option to suppress Content-ID: could be added to either
mhbuild or send.  mhbuild seems like the right place,
because that's where the MIME message is created.  And it's
trivial to do there.

I would prefer if the option could actually be added to the attach
whatnow command.

Instead of the X-MH-Attachment header containing simply the filename, it
could contain the full mhbuild directive. attach could then take options
for explicitly specifying the filename, description, mime-type etc. This
would also mean that it is possible to see what mime-type has been
chosen before running send.

I must admit that one of the things I've never liked about
X-MH-Attachment is that it does stuff like run `file' to build a
description and provides x-unix-mode. With a few profile entries that
could all be made configurable.

With regard to the new thread, I think it is basically right that
attachment header handling is done automatically when send is run. I
would however prefer if running the mime command (i.e. mhbuild) did the
job of attaching the files. This would mean that the actual work would
need to be done by mhbuild.

It's a minor point but another change I would make to the attachment
stuff is to make the -attach option to send and whatnow a single
standard profile entry.

Oliver