Re: [Nmh-workers] suppress Content-ID's with new mhbuild option?

2006-01-31 11:28:35
David Levine wrote:
Any suggestion on how to associate the option values with the build
directive?  printf style?

  whatnow: -attach X-MH-Attachment='#%T; name="%N" <%C>[%D; %M] %F'

I don't see why that needs to be configurable instead of hard coded.

  whatnow? attach -mime-type=application/wierd -name=foo -mode=0x640
-description="my app" -contentid="" /tmp/foo

Looks good for the most part. MH commands tend to use a space instead of
=. I wouldn't include mode given that x-unix-mode is non-standard. Could
always use long options (e.g. --x-unix-mode) similar to pick's syntax
for additional components.

If any value in the build directive isn't specified, it
would be determined automatically (using mhshow-suffix for
the mime-type as it is now, and getting the name from the
filename, and so on).

Could also allow something like -autodescription to specify a command to
generate the description automatically. So running file to get a
description would be something you need to configure. For the mime type
it would allow you to use a script that uses .mailcap files.

It might be possible to add support for Content-Disposition
here.

The filename ought to go in Content-Disposition really. Can always copy
that from the file="" component. We may need some syntax for specifying
the main value for Content-Disposition, though.

Oliver