Re: Sequences implementation (was Re: [Nmh-workers] A script for threading)

2006-02-07 06:26:19

Hi Joel,

By the way, if anyone happens to think that the 26 sequence limit
should be lifted, speak up. Perhaps the performance hit wouldn't be so
bad.

Yes, I'm hitting it daily and having to work around it.  Given the
increase in space and time of computing resources, it's now practical to
have +inbox containing thousands of emails and have a script that picks
them into many different sequences in reasonable time instead of having
many different folders.

Going to the next power of two would be useful, although I suspect a
different arrangement where `pick first' doesn't have a long bitfield of
mainly 0's would be better in the long run.

Cheers,

Ralph.