Re: [Nmh-workers] A script for threading

2006-02-07 08:36:45

I think that if you want to keep the threading support out of the main
nmh utilities (scan/show/etc) you need to at least add an option to them
to respect the order of message numbers on the command line.
(But I still think that actually having the core utilities know about
threads would be better, in the same way that it's more convenient for
them to all know about syntaxes like '4-5', 'last:20', etc.)

It may be worth looking at this and expanding on the idea:
http://jmason.org/software/mhthread/

I ran across that some time ago and played with it a bit.  I like the idea,
but it could use some refining.

--
    JB