Re: [Nmh-workers] Somebody out there have a virus or something? Also release stuff.

2006-03-05 08:13:08
pmaydell@chiark.greenend.org.uk wrote:

Are we going to try to maintain a 'stable branch' or are we just going
to tag the head of CVS every so often and hope it's not too buggy?

I thought we had a RELEASE_1_2 branch in CVS like the RELEASE_1_1 branch
but, checking now, it seems that's a tag. Other tags have names like
nmh-1_0_4.

Have the issues that we had with 1.2.0 on NetBSD been fixed? Wasn't
there some issue with make running autoconf?

The multibyte character set support is not entirely complete. Width
specifiers on mh-format functions are supported but the overall width
(the -width option to scan (default is terminal width)) is not handled.
This means than scan listings are nicely aligned in columns but may stop
short of the end of the terminal. Current CVS is certainly better than
1.2 so this doesn't necessarily need to block a 1.2.1 release.

Oliver