Re: [Nmh-workers] ADMINISTRIVIA: Change to mailing list policy

2006-03-06 18:39:14
Greetings all,

I am announcing a change to the nmh-workers mailing list policy.  Effective
today, I am changing the default mailing list action for posts from
non-members from "hold" (meaning: "hold for moderator approval") to
"reject" (you get a bounce message).

I am doing this because dealing with spam on these mailing lists has proven
to take too much of my time.  For the few of you (you know who you are)
that like to send email from one mailing address, but receive it to another,
you have a solution: subscribe the "other" address to the mailing list,
but set your options under mailman to not receive messages on one of your
addresses.  I do this myself, and it works fine.

If you are unhappy with this policy change, I will gladly turn over list
moderation to whomever asks; I doubt there will be few takers, but hey,
it's always possible.

I'll do it, that policy is insane.

--
    JB