Re: [Nmh-workers] multiple Fcc fields = duplicated msg without hard link

2006-05-18 23:41:38
On 17 May 2006 at 6:22, David Guibert <David.Guibert@cdcsp.univ-lyon1.fr> wro
te:
Fcc: +sent,+inbox/foo

It seems to me that sometime in the past (long, long ago, in a galaxy
...) this used to make hard links.  The wording I put into the MH book
<http://www.ics.uci.edu/~mh/book/mh/hea.htm#FcFoCo> said "some versions
make links" but isn't more specific.

If this turns out to be hard to fix in code, you might be able to write
a postproc or a sendproc that grabs the Fcc: header field, does what
it says (using refile with two folder arguments or "refile -link"),
then deletes the Fcc field.  I'm not sure it'll work, but it's an idea.

The CVS version has post using refile, and refile does links if it can.
I expect this is the same in 1.2 since I can't see any code changes
that would suggest otherwise.

According to the man page for refile, the argument -link doesn't cause
the creation of links in the destination folders; rather it preserves
the version in the source folder as a link. Multiple destination folders
are always links if possible.

Cheers,

        - Joel