[Nmh-workers] Bcc recipients stripped from Fcc copies

2006-06-05 07:42:39

Hi,

How can I save a copy of my outgoing mails while retaining
the list of Bcc/Dcc recipients?  Someone asked this question
a decade ago, but nobody answered.

http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/1993-03/msg00001.html

From: [Paul Pomes - UofIllinois CSO]
Date: 1993-03-03 11:04:36
Subject: Bcc recipients stripped from Fcc copies

I've configured MH to save all outgoing mail in a folder
`outbox' using the Fcc: header -- I think you probably do
the same.  However, I discover that the Bcc: recipients
are stripped before the author's copy of the outgoing mail
is saved in `outbox'; this makes it all but impossible to
later determine to whom I sent the mail.

I don't know the details of whether MH handles Fcc: by
itself or whether it requires sendmail's cooperation, but
is it possible to retain the recipients on the saved copy
of the outgoing mail?

Thanks for your work on nmh.  It's the best email client
ever :-).

Paisa