Re: [Nmh-workers] Bcc recipients stripped from Fcc copies

2006-06-13 19:13:00

Jerry Peek <jpeek@jpeek.com> wrote:

On 2 June 2006 at 5:10, Paisa Seeluangsawat <paisa@unt.edu> wrote:
How can I save a copy of my outgoing mails while retaining
the list of Bcc/Dcc recipients?  Someone asked this question
a decade ago, but nobody answered.

http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/1993-03/msg00001.html

I wrote a sendproc script named "mysend" that does basically
what you want.  Like a lot of my shell scripts, it's a bit of
a hack... but I've used it for many years and had no problems.

You should be able to find mysend on the new MH archive at
http://rand-mh.sourceforge.net/.  There also should be an
explanation of the script in the online MH book, which is
also in that archive.  I've hacked on my local copy some in
the past five years or so... so if you can't get the
archived copy to work, I'd be glad to send you mine.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the reply.  I just got a chance to look at
"mysend" in the MH book.

    http://rand-mh.sourceforge.net/book/examples/mh/bin/mysend

I haven't tried it out, but from reading the code, it
doesn't seem to handle Bcc or Dcc in any special way.
Maybe you added that feature in after the book was
published.  May I have your copy of mysend?

Paisa