[Nmh-workers] mhaildirsync 0.1

2006-06-21 14:13:58
I have recently written a Perl script to synchronize my MH hierarchy with a
Maildir++.  since MH and Maildir++ both keep messages in separate files, this
could be implemented entirely using hard links so it takes little hard drive
space and runs quickly (for a Perl script).  A message can be added to or
removed from any folder in either hierarchy and the change will be propagated
to the other hierarchy.  Maildir flags are mapped into a subset of MH
sequences.

I am an exmh user and every time I've tried to move away from it, I've become
frustrated with the poor job other MUAs do handling a mail hierarchy as complex
as
mine.  On the other hand, the ability to occasionally access my email
from a fully MIME-savvy mail reader on either my PC or my Mac can be very
useful.

This script allows me to go back and forth between MH and IMAP environments
with ease.  I couldn't get an MH-based IMAP server to work, so I did this
instead.  Besides, my other users are using a courier-imap and I didn't really
want to run another IMAP server on a funny port just for me.

I run this on my mail server every 2 minutes with cron.

I'd appreciate any comments or patches.

Chris

Chris Garrigues                         Trinsic Solutions
President                               710-B West 14th Street
                                        Austin, TX  78701-1755

512-322-0180                            http://www.trinsics.com

                 Would you rather proactively pay for
                uptime or reactively pay for downtime?