[Nmh-workers] Re: send (smtp) problems

2006-07-06 08:32:15
Philipp Roessler <der_wachtmeister@freenet.de> writes:

Cool, this looks interesting ... though I don't understand it. Can anyone tell
from the following what goes wrong (I'm pretty sure it's not the wrong
password, I don't mistype 100 times ;-) )?

$ send -snoop -verbose -server mail.gmx.net -user 1281346 -sasl -saslmech
LOGIN
<= 250 STARTTLS
=> AUTH LOGIN
<= 334 WXRajy5hbW3
=> nGopbA==
<= 334 KNPzc3dasC6
=> B3ObjkdpZWRbhuiYwNjA2
<= 535 5.7.0 {mp036} Incorrect username or password

I'm not familiar with the SASL RFC, but I'll guess that's an encrypted
user/password challenge. You should be able to find the RFC handily at
http://rfc-editor.org/ and verify that this output looks reasonable.
The rest of the dialog is documented by RFC 2821[1].

Perhaps the login and password on mail.gmx.net isn't what you think it
is?

Anyone out there using SASL with MH who can verify that it's actually
working?

1. http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2821.txt