Re: [Nmh-workers] attach and automimeproc interactions

2006-07-19 05:34:10
    Date:        Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:57:26 -0700
    From:        Jon Steinhart <jon@fourwinds.com>

  | I see no reason to allow messages to be converted and viewed except maybe
  | for debugging.  I realize that many on this mailing list are mail geeks.

I may or may not be a "mail geek", but I frequently like to look at the
final mail - mostly to make sure that the file I included is actually the
one I wanted to include (which is especially important when including
messages - the difference between message 7723 and 7732 might make one
of them not be the one I'd want to forward, but I sure can't tell from the
message number which one is the right one - and I'd much prefer not to have
to stop and examine the messages, and then hope I correctly type the
correct number - checking afterwards is much easier).

However, this doesn't mean that mh needs to convert the message, and then
forever after process the converted form - it would be entirely reasonable to
convert the message, display it, then destroy the converted form, and
continue processing with the original, converting again when the message
is posted.   In fact, that's almost certainly a better model.

kre