Re: [Nmh-workers] mhbuild destroying german Umlauts

2006-08-02 06:32:13
On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:00:54 BST, pmaydell@chiark.greenend.org.uk said:

Did we ever come up with a good plan for this? It's currently
at the top of my 'list of things that annoy me about nmh'...

Whatever we do, we need to remember to include a check for the rather common
case of "Tagged as utf8/8859/2022/etc, but only contains actual ascii" and
downgrade the labeling as per the RFCs.  One subtle point is that we need to
do this *before* a "What next?" program or something tries to attach a digital
signature to the thing.