Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.3 release and Dcc/Bcc behaviour

2007-03-30 10:46:03
I didn't read the comp.mail.mh article, so maybe I'm repeating what was said there. But whenever I use dcc:, I always end up saving those lines to a temporary file (or copying them with my mouse), then editing my copy to add that field to it -- so I can find out, later, who I sent the message to. So, for me, having a choice (if not by default) to include the contents of dcc: and bcc: would be a win.

As for forwarding those fields accidentally: If you use non-MIME forwarding, you can set up a forw -filter file that doesn't include dcc: or bcc:... and I'd think that would prevent the problem. For forwarding as an attachment, after you've typed "mime" at the "What now? " prompt, you can type "edit" and remove header fields that you don't want to send. I usually do that to remove fields like "Received:" (and, often, "Message-ID:" too).

It does sound like some people don't want this behavior, though. Adding an option to "send" like -showblind, or something, might be a good compromise.

Jerry