Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.3 release and Dcc/Bcc behaviour

2007-03-30 08:57:54

Hi Jerrad,

Perhaps I wasn't clear.  If I have

Indeed.

Actually, I was just being polite.  My second message merely repeated
the information that was in the first.

The former isn't very helpful if I ever wish to dist or forw the
email on.  No message-id is a killer.

Meh, it saves a copy of the draft.

(Meh?)  OK, so it saves the draft less the empty headers, things like
bcc and dcc, and the line of minuses after the headers.  And it appends
spaces after a header's colon.

No alias expansion, and (in theory) no header strippage.

This preserves as much information as possible; potentially useful for
replicating any problems that one might run into.

Is fcc meant to be used for a file copy, or for debug?  If a file copy
then it's flawed; no message-id, etc.  If debug then it's flawed since
it mucks around with the draft too much.  ~/mail/drafts/,1 preserves as
much as possible for debug.  dcc-ing myself and filing that gives a
file-copy.

Cheers,

Ralph.