Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.3 release and Dcc/Bcc behaviour

2007-03-31 08:52:57
Strange.  I see aliases expanded in the "fcc:" copy.
So do I.  I said "local user names".  "ralph" isn't an alias, it's a
user in /etc/passwd.  forwarding on an fcc copy leaves it as a plain
Yes, you did. When in fact, what you meant was non-fully qualified addresses.
There is very much a difference as not all networks have mail going to each
machine on the network; not everyone in your domain necessarily has an entry
in your machine's passwd or what have you, but is still on the same mail
server. So that's one source of confusion.

The other is why this is even such a pressing matter, if you want fully
qualified addresses, write fully qualified addresses (or setup aliases for
them if you're too lazy to do that).

HAND
--
Free map of local environmental resources: http://CambridgeMA.GreenMap.org