[Nmh-workers] A potential use of Sieve by MH

2007-04-07 14:29:44
As I browsed some of the Sieve drafts, I noticed they may enable a
feature that I would absolutely love in a new MH program called
mh-sieve.

When archiving mail, I'd like to first delete attachments over a certain
size (since folks at work like to put stuff in mail that is available in
the Subversion repository).

It may also be useful to delete or extract and delete attachments in
current messages as well to speed up swish indexing of your mail or to
simply organize your attachments separately from your mail.

The current drafts indicate a means to do that. Putting together these two:

    P. Guenther, T. Showalter, Sieve: An Email Filtering Language
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis-12.txt

    T. Hansen, C. Daboo, SIEVE Email Filtering: MIME part Tests, Iteration,
    Replacement and Enclosure
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-mime-loop-02.txt

You could come up with:

    for_every_part {
        if size :over 100k {
            discard;
        }
    }

While my previous message mentioned that there might not be an MH-E
component for Sieve, it appears that this example would be a case where
MH-E support would be good to have.