[Nmh-workers] nmh-1.3-RC2 uploaded

2008-05-04 15:23:01

The second Release Candidate for nmh 1.3 has now been uploaded; you can find
it in the download area on savannah:

  http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/nmh/

This RC includes fixes for some SASL problems (but not the "doesn't read
username from .netrc" bug) and also allows building in a directory outside
the source directory.

As before, please try it out!

I think from now on I'd like to keep fixes in the 1.3-RC series to serious
(doesn't build, crashes) bugs and regressions from 1.2 only. I shall also
set a (fairly arbitrary) date of May 17th for the actual release (assuming
nobody comes up with any problems).

NB: when we eventually produce a final 1.3 release, where should we be
announcing it? The README.developers suggests exmh-users(_at_)redhat(_dot_)com,
exmh-workers(_at_)redhat(_dot_)com, mh-users(_at_)ics(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu and
nmh-announce(_at_)mhost(_dot_)com,
but I suspect that at least some of these are out of date.
There's an nmh-announce(_at_)nongnu(_dot_)org, but the lack of archive suggests
that
it's never had any posts; I wonder if it has any subscribers? :-)

-- PMM