Re: [Nmh-workers] sync'ing an mh mailstore between two machines?

2008-05-21 10:50:11
On Wed, 21 May 2008 11:47:58 EDT, Paul Fox said:

now, i'm about to find myself in a job situation where it would
be very convenient to be able to read mail on my laptop when
disconnected, primarily during commute time.  i could envision
installing all my mh scripts on the laptop, inc'ing the mail to
the laptop before i leave home.  then i could read while
disconnected, and i'm sure i can figure out how to reply to mail
and have it queued for later delivery.

but then i have the synchronization problem -- i'd like, at the
end of the day, to be able to merge what i've inc'ed/read/deleted/saved
on the laptop back into my home mh mail tree.

I fought with this for a while a few years ago, and never did get a solution
that I liked.  I finally said "screw it" and made my laptop the place where
"my home mh tree" lived.