Re: [Nmh-workers] New new/fn/fp/unseen program

2008-07-22 07:08:51
Eric Gillespie wrote:
for as long as I've used mh, and I've used this much faster
reimplementation in my local mh tree for the last couple years.

I hate to be negative but my main objection to these commands is that
they are hardcoded to the unseen sequence instead of being more general.

All of them amount to some sort of handling for the unseen sequence
across several folders.

 * new.c -- as new,    list all folders with unseen messages

For this, I just have an alias to flist that specifies the list of
folders that can receive incoming mail. The output format might not be
ideal but it could be made customisable.

 *       -- as fn,     move to next folder with unseen messages
 *       -- as fp,     move to previous folder with unseen messages
 *       -- as unseen, scan all unseen messages

Which is just a multi-folder scan. It might be better to adapt scan so
that you can specify multiple folders with a sequence.

Oliver