Re: [Nmh-workers] New new/fn/fp/unseen program

2008-07-24 01:06:08
Eric Gillespie wrote:
Peter Maydell <pmaydell(_at_)chiark(_dot_)greenend(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk> writes:
(5) your behaviour if no unseen-sequence is specified (assume it's
called "unseen") isn't the same as the rest of nmh, although I'm
not sure what it ought to do instead (fail with an error, maybe)

mh-profile(5) indicates that "unseen" is the default.

Eh? My copy of the manpage says "(profile, no default)".

to allow a custom name to be used (ie to have an entry in .mh_profile
giving the name). Anything that needs to create folders needs to be
configurable whether or not to update the file with the new folder
name, both on the command line and via .mh_profile.

Ugh, I have no interest in such behavior, and consider it
actively harmful to the feature.  I keep the file carefully
sorted, and with some folders excluded, and I think someone else
in this thread said they do something similar.  If this is going
to be a requirement for the new command to go in, then I
retract it.

I only want to be able to configure to do that, not to impose it
on everybody!

-- PMM