Re: [Nmh-workers] problems with slocal

2009-02-16 12:19:34
Thank you, that was it. There is a note about this in INSTALL that I did not
see, but I think it could be more explicit. Whether or not liblockfile is
available, configure only reports locking as dot, "dot+liblockfile" and
"dot only! possibly problematic" would be more helpful.

Alternatively, the package is LGPL, so why not include it with nmh? It's not
obvious where people should acquire liblockfile, as there is no official site
for it, and distro's often add weird deps. Luckily debian's 1.08-3 works.

Incidentally, I noticed another place where configure isn't as a robust as it
could be: it fails to accurately/detect report the presence of termcap.
I configured nmh on this Centos 5 with termcap, but no termcap-devel and it
went fine, but of course the make failed until the latter package was added.

Thanks!
--
Free map of local environmental resources: http://CambridgeMA.GreenMap.org