Re: [Nmh-workers] MH and Google contacts

2009-07-04 14:34:11
Earl Hood <earl(_at_)earlhood(_dot_)com> wrote:

On July 4, 2009 at 10:43, Bill Wohler wrote:

I'd like to start synchronizing my MH aliases with the contacts in my
phone and Google contacts.

Has anyone given any thought to this?

Looks like Google has a CSV format that can import/export, so
some little scripting can be done to map MH aliases into Google
contacts and vice-versa.

To determine what the CSV format is, just do an export of
your Google contacts to it to figure it out.

That shouldn't be too hard and would be a good start. Thanks.

However, my real need is to go in the other direction. In MH-E, you can
run `M-x mh-alias-grab-from-field to add an alias for the current sender
to your aliases file. So I have a lot of aliases that need to be added
to existing contacts or have new contacts created for them.

Looks like there is an HTTP/XML protocol defined:

  http://code.google.com/apis/contacts/

Cool, they also have a Java API defined:

  http://code.google.com/apis/contacts/docs/3.0/developers_guide_java.html

Please let me know if you're further along than I am so I don't rebuild
this wheel :-).

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG
ID:610BD9AD