[Nmh-workers] imap with fuse

2009-10-08 10:42:55
Hi nmh-workers, sorry for this a bit off-topic email but I think some of
you might find this interesting as I have seen imap+nmh discussed before
on this list.

To give a bit of background I once again got fed up with Evolution and
every other mailclient I'm trying to use. This time around I got the tip
to try nmh and while I liked the concept the no-imap is quite a
showstopper for me.

So I decided to try to do something about it and the result of a few
evenings hacking is a fuse filesystem for mounting imap mailboxes. It's
not fully functional yet but it's possible to scan for mail and move
messages and directories around with mv.

Anyway, any feedback is welcome.

cute webinterface to the code: http://github.com/keis/imap-fuse
git: git://github.com/keis/imap-fuse.git

btw, consider it alpha software that will likely eat your INBOX.