Re: [Nmh-workers] Verizon DSL block

2010-01-22 12:46:14
On January 22, 2010 at 11:02, "Stewart W Wilson" wrote:

I tried the patch given by Valdis Kletnieks
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2004-08/msg00008.html
I changed smtp.c (in nmh1.3) as he said to do.
But it didn't work.  The "no servers available" error didn't occur,
but this time send just hung.

Is authentication required?  Just changing the port does little
to deter spam since spammers can adapt.  I would assume that
the port change also comes with the requirement that you must
specify your username and password.

I do not know if nmh supports any authentication capabilities.
It probably should since authentication is coming more common
and service providers.  At this time, my provider does not require
it.

Also, the smtp port should be configurable vs hardcoded.

Using a proxy model with programs like ssmtp or msmtp may be
possible.

--ewh