Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh @ gsoc?

2010-01-25 12:35:22
Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
Why? nmh doesn't need any new features, and the code is stable and
portable.

The best indicator that a chunk of code is mature is when it hasn't been
touched for five years. It ain't broke, so leave it alone.

I'd really really like better MIME support (and in particular
support for replying to MIMEd emails, and getting character
set encodings and so on correct). I just haven't had any
time to do anything, and I don't get quite enough MIME email
to cause it to move up my priority list :-)

I did get to the point of sketching out a design for how I
thought this could be done. (The tricky bit is arranging
for it to be reasonably consistent for new users or people
wanting to switch to it, without having it break scripts,
components files, etc for existing users.)

-- PMM