Re: [Nmh-workers] unapplied patches

2010-12-14 07:16:12
[2010-12-14 12:29] Oliver Kiddle <okiddle(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
I've had a look through for any pending patches since the last release.
Mostly, this is Meillo's recent patches. Does anyone know of any further
patches that we might apply or rework.

undo of install-mh
      Nobody would ever run an uninstall-mh script and I doubt that the
      person raising the bug was a user looking for it. Most software
      creates a pile of dot files without even asking these days. If
      any fix is necessary, I'd vote for a tiny bit more detail in the
      man page - less than the original patch included.

I agree that the need for a uninstall-mh is low and I had been
convinced that we don't need or even want a program to do the job.

However, I haven't known exactly what install-mh does until I read
through its code. As I think it is worthwhile to know what files do
get installed I vote for extending the man page in this respect. The
mention of `mhpath +` for finding the mail storage had been a very
useful hint for me, thus it may be for others. Remind that users who
run mh-install usually are not very familiar with nmh yet.

Any objections if I apply those? Doesn't git have some ways to preserve
details of the actual author of a patch? Or better still, could someone
give Meillo permissions on the git repository.

I don't need permissions now as I will be offline from Friday on (will
write a mail related to that soon), also I think I don't want
permissions currently. I feel better if you apply patches I propose.

But I do miss my name on stuff I had been involved in. This surely
affects anyone who contributes in any way. Adding names to commit
messages or the changelog is sufficient IMO.

If I understand correctly, the MIME handling improvments are not yet
finished?

Rather: It's not yet decided what is considered right for nmh.

meillo