Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh "post" doesn't read profile, fileproc ignored

2011-12-26 11:20:41
On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 16:24, David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> wrote:

Stephen wrote:

In nmh 1.3 (and 1.4-RC2), the "post" program doesn't read the
user's profile file.  It is quite deliberate about this, calling
context_foil().  Why?

The result I see is that post does not obey my fileproc profile
entry, contrary to the documentation in the mh-profile man page.

 < Stephen

You're right.  I don't know why it doesn't read the user's
profile.  It should be a simple change to the code and the
post man page.  Can anyone think of a reason not to fix post?

I've noticed this too.  At one point I was trying to harvest e-mail
addresses I sent mail to so that I could auto-add them to a spam white-list.

Do we have e-mail archives or SCM data that can help us track this down?

Thanks

Jeff

--
Jeffrey C. Honig <jch(_at_)honig(_dot_)net>
http://www.honig.net/jch