Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh "post" doesn't read profile, fileproc ignored

2011-12-29 19:39:11
On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 20:30, Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:

That's about when I started using MH and mh-e...  Were you even born?  ;-)

For the record ... yes :-)  I was in high school, actually.

Chad Walstrom <chewie(_at_)wookimus(_dot_)net> wrote:
You may want to check out ESR's reposurgeon v0.9. He's been putting a lot
of effort in fixing artifacts in repositories.

The problem isn't artifacts of our repository; AFAICT the git tree is
an accurate representation of the CVS history.  It's just that the CVS
history only goes back to well after the conversion to nmh was underway.
We never got the revision history from Richard Coleman, much less UCI.
So the details of those changes have been lost to history (unless Marshall
Rose or John Levine still has a copy of what I presume to be the SCCS
files for the original MH sitting around somewhere accessible).

I think you mean John Romaine.  John Levine is known for many things, but
MH in not among them...

Thanks

Jeff

--
Jeffrey C. Honig <jch(_at_)honig(_dot_)net>
http://www.honig.net/jch