Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh "post" doesn't read profile, fileproc ignored

2011-12-29 18:17:18
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I tried that already...

Sorry Jeff, I should have guessed that.  I just thought maybe you weren't
familiar with "git blame".

I'm going to peruse here to see if there is some explaination of why it's
that way and if the reason is still valid:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/rand-mh/

I was curious about this as well, so I took a look.  I see there's
still call to m_foil() in post back in MH 5.  So I am guessing the
answer is, "we've always done it that way".  I see that the READ-ME
for MH 5 is dated ... sweet Jesus, January 19th, 1985.  Suddenly I
feel young again!  There are a few ChangeLog entries that imply
that the m_foil() code was added by Marshall Rose, and he's still
alive, isn't he?  If people care, someone could always email him
and ask him about it (note: I am NOT volunteering; I have nothing
against Marshall Rose, I'm just not motivated enough to bother).

I was always under the impression that "post" was designed to be
called by another program ("send"), so maybe the thinking was that
you should put "post" stuff in the user's mh_profile entry for
"send".  Actually, this begs another question ... why are they
seperate programs, anyway?  It always has chapped my ass that if I
add a new switch that deals with a new sending email feature I have
to add it to both send and post.  Is there a reason that they aren't
the same program?