Re: [Nmh-workers] IMAP server that can speak MN folders

2012-01-02 09:48:53
Uwimapd can export MH folders.  It does have limitations, but if the
archive is relatively static it should work fine.
On Jan 2, 2012 9:57 AM, "Michael Richardson" <mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>
wrote:

"Ken" == Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
   Ken> - inc can now incorporate mail from Maildir drops.

Awsome.

Over the holidays, I replaced my 15-year old mail server (two hardware
generations, three / disks, upgraded from NetBSD 0.9...) with a new
install based upon Postfix and Cyrus.  But, I think I made the wrong
choice in Cyrus.  I should have gone for another IMAP daemon, one that
stores in either Maildir or better MH.

My arrangement is that I fetch email to my laptop (I use fetchmail, into
rcvstore, since a few sources are IMAP only.  After awhile, I refile
stuff from ~/Mail to /net/bigserverinbasement/home/mcr/Mail.  I used to
do this because my laptop had a 4G hard drive, now I do it for safe
keeping.

What I'd like to do is to have my archives, which are in MH, available
via IMAP.  My wife uses mutt, but would like her archives (in mbox
format) available via IMAP.

--
]       He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life!           |
 firewalls  [