Re: [Nmh-workers] IMAP server that can speak MN folders

2012-01-02 21:04:53

"Ken" == Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
    >> Over the holidays, I replaced my 15-year old mail server (two
    >> hardware generations, three / disks, upgraded from NetBSD 0.9...)
    >> with a new install based upon Postfix and Cyrus.  But, I think I
    >> made the wrong choice in Cyrus.  I should have gone for another
    >> IMAP daemon, one that stores in either Maildir or better MH.

    Ken> Right, I think you're going to have a tough time with Cyrus
    Ken> doing that.

    >> What I'd like to do is to have my archives, which are in MH,
    >> available via IMAP.  My wife uses mutt, but would like her
    >> archives (in mbox format) available via IMAP.

    Ken> If you remember this thread from last month:

    Ken> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2011-12/msg00008.html

    Ken> Paul Vixie made what I consider to be a convincing argument
    Ken> that Maildir support for MH folders is doable and if we get
    Ken> THAT working, you could simply share those folders with a
    Ken> capable IMAP server (which seems to be Dovecot).  Paul has also
    Ken> been saying, "Hey, people, why don't you get your shit together
    Ken> and put most of the MH functionality in a shared library so
    Ken> this sort of thing is easier?".  Hopefully I can chew on that
    Ken> this month.

okay, so I will switch to Dovecot.
I didn't what was supported until after I got the basic stuff working,
and then went... Oh, wait.  Now, which one do I want.

I recalled that we had discussed things here awhile ago, I didn't
realize it was only a few weeks ago :-)

] mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.