[Nmh-workers] request for mh-format "printf" operator

2012-01-10 14:43:27
In the message dated: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:19:34 EST,
The pithy ruminations from Ken Hornstein on
<Re: [Nmh-workers] Dealing with missing From: header during send.> were:
=> >Yes, that works, but as I noted, when in a replcomps, further
=> >attempts to access {to} and other components return empty
=> >values.
=>
=> Ow.  Damn your eyes, Earl ... I now have a headache from staring at the
=> damn mh-format code.
=>

Well...as long as you're already looking at that mess...

I'd like to see the addition of a new mh-format function "%(printf)".

Building and customizing message parts using "%(putstr)" somewhat
works, but is seriously ugly, because %(putstr) compresses repeated
whitespace within a string and doesn't parse printf formatting such as
"\n".

A new function that simply passes it's input string to printf would be
very helpful.

Thanks,

Mark