Re: [Nmh-workers] request for mh-format "printf" operator

2012-01-10 14:59:19
I'd like to see the addition of a new mh-format function "%(printf)".

Building and customizing message parts using "%(putstr)" somewhat
works, but is seriously ugly, because %(putstr) compresses repeated
whitespace within a string and doesn't parse printf formatting such as
"\n".

In theory, not so bad ... but actually kind of complicated.  First off,
technically \n isn't printf() formatting.  Okay, fine.  I am a little
unclear on how you envision this working ... are you suggesting that
the argument to printf() would be a printf format and it would operate
on str?  Or something else?  Also, you can put \n in mh-format files
right now and the right thing happens ... but I'm not sure what takes
care of that.