Re: [Nmh-workers] Dealing with missing From: header during send.

2012-01-11 11:48:05
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

The problem with adding something like (clearaddr) is that it makes different
things happen to other lines in the format file, depending whether than happen
to come before, or after, the use of this new function, which would make the
construction of format files even more error prone than it now is.

Yeah, I think you've convinced me.  Earl, you happy with this?  Any
suggestions on what we want to call this new function?  formataddr2
comes to mind, but that seems to be a terrible name to me.  concataddr?

I think I like a function to clear the cache instead.  I think
there is use to have duplicates removed (which concataddr would
not do).  Those that use clear cache function use at their
own risk and its existence does not affect existing components
files.

Of course, having names str registers would be an alternative,
but that is likely more work.

--ewh