Re: [Nmh-workers] Dealing with missing From: header during send.

2012-01-12 20:07:15
Alright, I've meditated on this for a while, and I went back and read
Robert Elz's and Earl Hood's arguments carefully.  And ... I found myself
more persuaded by Robert's arguments than Earl's (sorry, Earl).

To that end, I've just pushed some code to master that implements
the %(concataddr) function.  This adds an email address to the str
register without involving the duplicate supression cache in any
way.  In my testing it works exactly like we talked about, and I
believe with this we have a more useful tool for making decisions
on which From: line to use (I just discovered that one of my mail
accounts uses the Delivered-To: header, which is just about perfect).

I also added a %(putlit) function, since in my conversations with Mark
Bergman that's what we decided would be useful for him (adds the output
of str to the message, without any space compression or control conversion).

Comments & bug reports welcome!