Re: [Nmh-workers] Minimum autoconf version required to compile nmh

2012-01-21 12:35:53

Yep, I've just run into this (also on CentOS). No problem, I thought,
I'll just bite the bullet and install the latest autoconf from source.
But no, it seems autoconf itself requires autoconf 2.60 or later to
build :-(

Did you try it directly from the revision control tree, or from the
distributed tar file?  I can imagine that being a problem with the
former, but the latter includes an already-generated configure
script so it won't need autoconf to build itself.

yep, that's what i do...

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Scientific Linux SL release 5.4 (Boron)

$ tar -xvf tar-files/autoconf-2.68.tar.gz | egrep configure$
autoconf-2.68/configure

steve