Re: [Nmh-workers] Line wrapping in mhl

2012-01-25 18:06:29
Tethys wrote:

Joel Uckelman writes:

How are you guys using par calling it? From a script? manually?

From within vi:

      !}par

or
      !Gpar

I use it in vi as well, and have the following in my .exrc:

        "   parse the entire paragraph through "par" - an fmt replacement
        map * {!}par^M}j
        "   parse paragraph though par with user supplied arguments
        map &  {!}par

(note the ^M above is an actual carriage return).  I then just press *
in the middle of a paragraph to reformat it, and it leaves me at the
start of the next paragraph.  Repeatedly pressing * then lets me format
sequential paragraphs.  I use & very rarely.

I then have

        PARINIT=rTbgqR B=.,?_A_a Q=_s>|

in my environment.  It's been that way for a decade or more, and I don't recall
what many of those mean anymore :).

Cheers,
Simon.